In preparation for Conference April 6, 2021, The Church of Jesus in Christian Fellowship is preparing a collection of revelations and writings from a variety of prophets, seers, revolators, and apostles from across the Latter Day Saint movement. The Book of the Law of the Lord and the Lectures on Faith are included in this work. The purpose of this document is to act as a unifying canon of scripture to instruct the Saints on the organization and running of the Church in Fellowship. As new sections are added, and the work is completed, this page will be updated.
“He that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.” -1 Corinthians 2:15-16 KJV
The Church of Jesus Christ in Christian Fellowship (or “the Fellowship”) is a branch of the Latter Day Saint Restorational movement started by Joseph Smith Jr. in 1830. We are a nondenominational Mormon branch of the Christian faith. Some might call us Latter Day Saint Universalists because we welcome all, regardless of denomination. Our focus is bringing souls to Christ, and enjoying the Gifts of the Spirit as we fellowship. We do this in many ways, one being the teaching “Mormon Kabbalah” through the eyes of ubuntu; a quality of essential virtues, including but not limited to compassion,
tolerance, and acceptance.
The threefold mission of the Fellowship is to help members and all mankind:
- Grow closer to Christ; as individuals and as a community, teaching and learning the Christian virtue of ubuntu
- Bring others to Christ; into the Fellowship or whichever branch of Christ’s Church they best fit in the spirit of ubuntu
- Fellowship together as Christians; worshiping Jesus through God’s Word, the Sacraments, ministry, outreach, Kabbalah, and jubilee
The purpose of this book, The Doctrine of the Saints, is to help in this cause, to instruct those that have come to Christ within the Fellowship, to prepare the way for the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon brings souls to Christ, the Law in the Torah teaches us God’s Word, Christ’s life and teachings instruct us how to live that Law, The Doctrines of the Saints guides and instruct us on how to organize Christ’s Church here upon the Earth in these, the Last Days.
Edits of the Work in Progress
- July 11/August 5, 2020: Section 5c (moving the former 5c to 5d), Book of the Law of the Lord updated to reflect the original, additions to the text (not originally from the plates of brass) moved to the Doctrines of the Saints. Added Sections 38, 50a-c, 70, 101a-c and six unnumbered sections. Added two more epistles. Read the current Doctrines of the Saints here.
- May 19, 2020: Sections 10c, 12 currently unnumbered Sections, and 2 Epistles. Archived file may be found here.
- May 14, 2020: Sections 25-37 added. Theology (“Lectures on Faith”) added. Archived file may be found here.
- January 6, 2020: Sections 2b and 21b-24 added. Archived file may be found here.
- November 14, 2019: Sections 13a & 13b pushed to 14a & 14b. Sections 13a & 13b added. Sections 15a-21a added. Archived file may be found here.
- November 4, 2019: Sections 1-13b have been compiled. The Bylaws of the Church of Jesus Christ in Christian Fellowship have been updated (Section 3c). The Book of the Law of the Lord has been added. Archived file may be found here.
- July 28, 2019: Sections 1-12 have been compiled. Archived file may be found here.