We believe in the powers and gifts of the Everlasting Gospel; the gift of faith, discerning of spirits, tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, wisdom, charity, brotherly love, and so forth. -Seventh Article of Faith
Regardless of one’s calling, we all have been blessed with gifts of the Spirit that we use to help one another grow in Christ.
And there are different ways that these gifts are administered; but it is the same God who worketh all in all; and they are given by the manifestations of the Spirit of God unto men to profit them.
- For behold, to one is given by the Spirit of God that he may teach the word of wisdom;
- And to another, that he may teach the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
- And to another, exceeding great faith;
- And to another, the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
- And again, to another, that he may work mighty miracles;
- And again, to another, that he may prophesy concerning all things;
- And again, to another, the beholding of angels and ministering spirits;
- And again, to another, all kinds of tongues;
- And again, to another, the interpretation of languages and of divers kinds of tongues.
And all these gifts come by the Spirit of Christ; and they come unto every man severally according as he will. And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ. -Moroni 10:9-13 RAV, 10:8b-18 OPV
As we grow in the Gospel, we learn what our gifts are, and how to use them to bless others in God’s name.